Wii favorite Little King’s Story is coming to Steam on the 5th August!
Little King’s Story is a life-sim game where you play as the king, building up your kingdom and exploring the world. It was, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best games on the Wii. I’d highly recommend it!
Here’s what the Steam page has to say about the game:
Once upon a time, in a small, unremarkable village, there was a timid little boy who didn’t have any friends. One day, while playing alone in his bedroom, he was rudely interrupted by a family of dirty rats. Chasing them out of his room, the little boy suddenly found himself lost in a vast, mysterious forest, where he happened upon a magical crown that imbued him with the power to command. The little boy — with his newfound companions Liam, Verde, and Howser the Bull Knight at his side — has (rather surprisingly) become the leader of the small, down-on-its-luck kingdom of Alpoko.
With his newfound powers of persuasion, the little boy began working to raise Alpoko from the depths of obscurity and poverty into the dizzying heights of absolute power and prosperity. With Howser offering effective advice and unrestrained ambition, and the citizens of Alpoko sharing his grandiose plans (whether they want to or not), the little boy marches ever onward to his ultimate goal of World Domination!
Initially released for Wii to rave reviews, this cult classic real-time strategy game juxtaposes cutesy fairytale visuals with some decidedly adult cynicism for a zany, irreverent adventure to build, enhance, and maintain a mystical, magical kingdom. Making its way to PC for the first time, this edition of the game remains faithful to the Wii original, but brings all its charming, sassy fun to a new audience. Can you keep Alpoko safe from the Onii and help our little hero become king of the whole world?
– Play an enhanced HD port of the fan-favorite Wii version of the game, with all the original storybook-style art, content, and gameplay present and accounted for.
– Play in English, French, Italian, German, or Spanish, to ensure that most of the Western world can understand your claim over their land.
– Have your loyal subjects dig for treasure, erect buildings, and break obstacles to access new areas — all in the name of bettering your kingdom.
– Interact with unique NPCs who have individual likes, dislikes, and personal memories which evolve based on their daily experiences.
– Take a variety of quests to help increase your reputation and further the noble name of Alpoko.
– Unite the surrounding rival kingdoms under your flag to become the best monarch in all the land (and ultimately, the one who rules over all the land!).
This HD update of Little King’s Story will cost $24.99, €22.99, and £18.99 however it will launch at a 10 percent discount for the first week.
I’m so excited to see more and more old, niche, Japanese games appear on the Steam store. Hopefully there will be many more to come!